How old is Harris now?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday morning with Harris

Salut, Harris et mon amis. I haven't really written in detail regarding Harris' solid food ( more like half solid actually ) . We began to wean him at the age of 5 month and half. I made a milked mashed potato meal.  his reaction was not very welcoming initially, he gave me this weird grimace upon tasting the food. there's a first time for everything, he had never tasted anything else other than breastmilk up to that age, so when I introduced something new, he cringed. I started off with 2 3 spoon per day then escalated it as days passed and vary the food choice over time.  Now he loves his meal time, Alhamdulillah. 
The picture was his menu du jour - boiled rice with potato, cauliflowers, cherry tomato, carrot , slices of chicken and a few raisins - all blended into a puree. It tasted good :D I have never added any salt or sugar. It is not a healthy practice after all. babies' taste bud haven't fully developed as ours, therefore even if you feed him something that is bland to you it does not matter at all. don't expose your kids to early diabetes and hypertension! anchovies and salted fish are a big NO NO to babies. if you do, you had just risked your babies to developed Nasopharyngeal carcinoma later in life. at least wait until he is more than 2 years old.


this morning Harris woke up quite early. nk kejut maman et papa for prayer kot :D then we did his routine as per usual , playing, bathing, milk feeding etc. but when it comes to his meal time, he was already very sleepy that he actually dozed off while  I was still feeding him. kesian but soo cute and funny. i let him sleep and only resumed feeding 2 hours after that when he was fully awake :D
by the way harris, today is mama's birthday.

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday Mama Harris!

    I just read the comment you left me a few days back. Harris tertido sambil makan? How cute is that. Mick tu a bit greedy sometimes. Lambat suap je dia bising. Lucky you :) Anyway, anytime kalau you datang Germany lagi.. dont forget to visit us ya. :)

    Yes, its fun watching them growing up. They're funnier these days kan? Mick is like king of melalak. Suka membebel macam I jugak.

    I hope you had a good birthday! Stay young at heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wish :) am still young . just 21++ haha.
    same la macam harris. kuat melalak kalau time mood dia baik :D

    we love Germany, esp my husband. I have always wanted to go tu neuchwenstein tp x smapai2 lagi. God willing, sampai lagi kot kat germany, tak tau bila la tp. time and money constraint huhu.

    kiss mick for me!

    ReplyDelete